0845 643 6476 or 0800 023 6414 info@acorntraining.eu
programmes

Apprenticeships

Apprenticeships are comprehensive and meaningful programmes of learning undertaken in the workplace.

Each Apprenticeship is tailor-made to the individual learner and employer by finding out the learner’s start point and reviewing the business needs of the employer.

Acorn Training staff are specialists at ensuring each Apprenticeship programme is supportive, yet challenging, by developing an individualised plan of teaching, learning and assessment.

Acorn Training offers Apprenticeships in the following subject areas:

  • Customer Service
  • Business and Administration
  • Management
  • Health and Social Care (Level 2, Level 3, and Level 5)
  • Learning and Development
  • Employment Related Services

Our overall Qualification Achievement Rates are at 85% against a National Average of 68%, highlighting our success at delivering a successful Apprenticeship programme.

EmployersApprentices

Employer Questions Asked

You can get help from the government to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment. The amount you get depends on whether you pay the apprenticeship levy or not. You will pay the apprenticeship levy if you're an employer with a pay bill over £3 million each year.
As an employer who doesn’t pay the apprenticeship levy, you will need to pay the training provider directly for training your apprentices. You pay 10% towards the cost of training and assessing your apprentice. The government will pay the rest (90%) up to the funding band maximum. They’ll pay the funds directly to the training provider.
Yes... EXTRA SUPPORT FOR SMALL EMPLOYERS Employers with fewer than 50 people working for them will not have to pay the 10% contribution for an apprentice who is aged between: 16-18 years old 19-24 years old and who has previously been in care or who has an Education, Health and Care plan provided by their local authority The government will pay 100% of the training costs for these individuals, up to the funding band maximum. TRAINING YOUNGER APPRENTICES All employers will receive £1,000 if, at the start of the apprenticeship, the apprentice is aged between: 16-18 years old 19-24 years old and who has previously been in care or who has an Education, Health and Care plan provided by their local authority This payment will be made to the employer in two equal instalments via the training provider.
Employers who already have an apprenticeship service account and haven't spent all their apprenticeship funds, can transfer unused funds to another employer. Transferred funds can be used to pay for new apprenticeship training and assessment for apprenticeship standards. Transferred funds can't be used for apprenticeship frameworks.
If you have unused apprenticeship funds, you can transfer them to another employer. See here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transferring-apprenticeship-service-funds You will have to use the apprenticeship service if you want to do this: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/manage-apprenticeship-funds How to register and use the apprenticeship service as an employer. Employers who pay the apprenticeship levy and have unused apprenticeship funds can find employers who want to receive a transfer in a number of ways, for example: work with employers in your supply chain get in touch with employers in your industry get in touch with an Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) work with regional partners

Apprenticeships FAQs

They are training programmes designed by employers to give eager applicants the skills and qualifications needed by businesses. They are a combination of on-the-job and off-the-job learning. You can learn and earn so you GET NEW SKILLS and GET PAID! It is as simple as that.
If you like the sound of being paid to learn then you should enrol onto one of our apprenticeships. With the current fierce competition for jobs there has never been a better time to gain skills that will give you the edge. You’ll receive accredited qualifications without sitting in a class room all week, on-the-job training, paid holidays and widen your opportunities for progression. In addition you can avoid the debt associated with going to university.
Employers all over the country recognise and value apprenticeships, with 81% recommending them to other employers. An apprenticeship shows prospective employers that you have been trained and gained the right skills they need. Better still; entering the workforce as an apprentice highlights your commitment.
Business Administration, Business Management, Team Leading, Childcare, Customer Service, and health and social care.